Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Siddhartha Reading Blog Section 2

I connected the passage in which Siddhartha says "I can think, I can wait, I can fast" to the book The Savage Detectives. The reason is because his quest for knowledge reminds me of the way in which the poets starved and wrote and promulgated revolution. Their quests are quite similar, because Juan GarcĂ­a Madero, who also lived a privileged life, left it to walk with the proletarian poets in Mexico in the 70s. 


I also connect the relationship with Kamaswami and Siddhartha with the generic kid-hating adult which has to take care of a kid but in the end the adult learns more from the kid than the kid with the adult, for example Martian Child. This movie model isn't exactly my favorite, and I admit to critique it, however I can still appreciate it in terms of trying to show the spirit of Siddhartha in terms of the people which surround him.

No comments:

Post a Comment